Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Experimenting with 'The Look'

Well I have in the past experimented with the look of my website with varying degrees of success. You see I know what I like in a web page but do not necessarily have the ability to pull it off. In the past if I needed any web design done I would get someone who already knew how to do it. So when it came to getting into the guts of this blogs design I decided to get into its guts.

To the left is what my blog originally looked like. Very plain and a little too dark. As you can see by the current design of my blog I have gotten into its guts. I have applied a global tiles background but because the text became hard to read I modded the template to have a solid background for the blog entries and side bar. I also widened the blog to better accommodate larger screen sizes. I also chages the colours and added boarders to the sidebar and blog entries to 'pop' them out. I changes the font of the articles subtly and the header to match my blog.

I had to get into the padding and margin html to achieve the end result and now understand html and how it functions a lot better.

Check what some other people have done to mod their blogs;
drewpov
Crazy Comets
The Monkey House

No comments: