Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Blog Watcher

It is useful to collect information about visitors to your blog because you can know if other people are reading what you are blogging and what they are reading. Blog writers like to know how many people visit each day, are they repeat visitors, how much do they read, where they come from and where they came to your blog from. Also getting an idea of the other blogs they frequent enables a blogger to understand what their readers are into.

I have had a counter on my blog for a few months. I use Statcounter.com because it was one of the first on the google search found and offers lots of feedback about visitors in an easy to understand way. I have had almost 300 hits on my blog in the time I have been using it. I think they mainly come from my MPI104 class at university which is why I created this blog however some have come from Technorati. I also found out that some come from France, China and Italy. Most stayed for less than five minutes and most only looked at my front page, so I should make the links to past posts more accessible.

No comments: